Learning centres in GELN
In the learning centres you can gain:
- easy access to computers - "round the corner",
- computer skills.
Learning centres can be used to:
- research information,
- write and send assignments to tutors,
- get in touch with fellow students for project work,
- learn about catering, construction, hairdressing, art or any subject you are studying at college,
- access messages and files just as in the main college,
- having fun learning,
What's on - Activities and sessions
Look at the What's on page to find out what is going on in the learning centres.
There are several learning centres sited across Glasgow East, two run by John Wheatle College (the Queenslie Learning Centre and the Easterhouse Flexible Learning Centre) and the others are run by community organisations.
Further information and contact details
For learning centre contact details and further information, please follow the links on the right to each individual centre.
Most learning centres are run by community organisations which also provide other services to the community. To see all activities that are on, please see the individual page of the local learning centre
The learning centres have autonomous management. This gives local control - local community led provision of services.
..supported by John Wheatley College.
The learning network is supported by John Wheatley College's intranet services to help with management, communication and technical support. Therefore users have to follow John Wheatley College's ICT acceptable use policy and Code of Student Behaviour polices, when using IT equipment in the learning centres.
Learning and development plan
The learning network project has been outlined more in detail in the Community Learning and Development Plan as you can download here.
- The Bridge Flexible
- Bridgeton Community Learning Campus
- Calvay Centre
- Carmyle Community Centre
- The Connie, Provanhall
- Cranhill Development Trust
- Cranhill Beacon Family Learning Centre
- East End Campus Flexible Learning Centre
John Wheatley College
- Fuse Youth Café
- Garthamlock Community Shop
- The Glenburn Centre
- The Hub
- Helenvale Tenants' Hall
- Lodging House Mission
- Martin King Learning Centre (formerly New Horizon)
- The Pavillion Youth Café
- Quarriers Family Resource Centre
- Ruchazie Community Centre
- Sandyhill Tenants' Hall
- Tollcross Advice and Learning Centre
For questions regarding learning centres.
0141 5881500 (ext 528)
For information regarding activities in a learning centre please contact the centre directly.